On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 10:05 +0200, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> I guess the subject sais it all. I'd like to be able to disconnect
> from the sessions without logging out of the system. How is this
> accomplished using x2go?
<snip>
There are several ways.  It can be done from the client side by clicking
on suspend.  The rest of the ways are executed from with the X2Go
session:

If one downloads and installs the KDE or Gnome bindings, it redeploys
the lock button to suspend (we elected not to do that as we want to give
our users the ability to lock their desktops).

We created a separate icon which simply
calls /usr/bin/x2gosuspend-session-gnome.

Finally, one can invoke the above command from the command line.

Hopefully, that is what you were asking and I did not misunderstand :-)