Hello all new to the list,

I just wan't to comment on a number of complaints about the "needed
membership" to write to the mailing list "x2go-dev". At the moment you
can only write to the list, after you've registered your email address.
This is done, because if everybody can write to the list we would
receive a lot of spam. I have to delete really a lot of "non
accepted/hold" messages per day which are normally spam only.
I can understand, that not everybody wants to register to such a service
- but the very popular alternative "forum" needs registration too.
I need to write about this issue, because there are complaints about the
level which must be taken to send informations to our project/community.
I'll describe how to handle the list in our new wiki, and I'll definitly
promote the service of gmane (making a list look like a forum).

Heinz