Server and client are not the same machine. The server machine is an Amazon EC2 instance, the client machine is my desktop.

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 09:27 +0100, jmm wrote:
Hi,

I tried to get this working all night, but it seems there is no way to
connect to an ubuntu 10.10 installation using x2go (package
x2goserver-home). When trying to connect, x2goagent is complaining
about not being able to open a display (in the session log). The
machine is an Amazon EC2 instance, which has no video card. I suspect
this is causing the trouble. I have read it was working on ubuntu
10.04 by the way, as in
http://blog.restbackup.com/how-to-use-amazon-ec2-as-your-desktop

I also tried freenx, neatx and nxserver (from nomachine), and they all
give similar errors. Tightvncserver on the other hand does work, maybe
that's not so useful information, but just in case.
<snip>
Out of curiosity, are you trying to run X2Go client on the same system
as X2Go server, i.e., trying to connect to yourself like one can do with
VNC and RDP? - John