Hi Paul,

On Do 26 Mai 2011 09:52:57 CEST Paul van der Vlis wrote:

Op 02-05-11 23:14, John A. Sullivan III schreef:

I agree.  My preference is for announcements to have minimal traffic and
to be echoed to the user list so that folks who closely follow the
project don't need to subscribe to yet another mail list - John

There is still much git-admin-noise on the announcement list.

Yes, it informs you about new tags in X2go Git. A new tag in the X2go context mostly means that there is a new version of some or other X2go component. Basically, this information is mostly interesting for X2go packagers.

A new tag/version also means that this new version will soon be available in X2go's .deb repositories (Debian/Ubuntu) - this information might be valuable not only to packagers.

Who can change that?

Me.

I will unsubscribe when it does not change, but I would like a good
announcement list!

I see several options here:

o move Git tag annotation announcements to x2go-commits (they might drown in the flood...)
 o x2go-announcement subscribers can filter out mails from git-ad...@x2go.org
 o ...

I personally will not write extra announcement mails after having tagged a new version in Git. This extra-effort can be avoided by automatic mailing.

If people on x2go-dev vote for moving Git tag annotation announcements to x2go-commits (we already had a discussion that did not end about this), I will re-configure the different Git projects ASAP.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: