I suppose I'll cover this one next as John Williams raised one of the
issues.  This is another Windows only issue.

This issue has two categories.  It is complicated by the packing problem
because we can only run the Windows client now with sub-optimal packing
but it was a problem before the corruption issue struck.

Screen painting is just slower - not just a little slower - a lot
slower.  The typical anecdotal test I've been using is scrolling through
my Evolution Inbox.  Evolution has always seemed to have terrible
graphics handling. I don't know what it does but it is always sluggish
and awkward - thus an excellent test of how well we handle challenging
graphics.

Even under Linux on a LAN, scrolling is miserably slow.  Shift down
arrow and wait 1/4 second for a response.  This is really annoying.
However, in Windows, it is wait 1/2 to 3/4 seconds for a response.  This
takes it from annoying to dangerous as users wind up deleting or opening
unintended emails, i.e., the hold the shift down arrow until they think
they have highlighted the mails they want and then press enter.  What
they don't realize is that five more emails will be selected because of
the delay between what they see and the key buffer.

The other problem is a show stopper but I'm not sure it is an X2Go
issue.  I think this is the same issue John Williams is seeing.  We see
it only in Windows and Iceweasel.  It appears that Iceweasel hangs for
quite a long time - not just a few seconds.  My guess is 30 seconds to a
minute or more.  The system is really not hung.  All other applications
work fine and the screen paints normally.  It is just the Iceweasel
screen which does not paint.  Then, all at once, all the keystrokes and
clicks are suddenly executed.  It's as if the events are being buffered
or stored and not sent.

Although we cannot rule it out, we think we have only seen this in a
single scenario - when using the Zimbra web client chat feature.  All
other browsing and multi-tab activity seems to be fine but, as soon as
someone sends me a chat message, Iceweasel painting stops . . . some of
the time.  Other times it works perfectly fine.  Once, it gave me a
white screen of death. Another time, it completely killed vcxsrv.  Most
of the time, it causes this event execution delay.  I can merrily go and
use other applications and all events are processed with no noticeable
delay; I just can use Iceweasel. Then, everything catches up, all the
events are processed, and all is well with the world once again.

Zimbra is a heavy AJAX application.  I don't know if the application
John Williams is using is also heavily AJAX driven - John