Hi Heinz, hi Stefan, hi Alex, hi Daniel,

On Di 13 Dez 2011 08:44:01 CET "Heinz-M. Graesing" wrote:

Alex an I have discussed your feature request. Due to the huge amount of
features implemented in the past, x2goclient has grown big and this way
we are planning a rewrite of the client.
This means that the accepted patch would only live until this new
release and the whole work is lost.
The new client is planned to be capable to show remote sessions embedded
inside the client window.

Please be aware that you can control x2goclient perfectly by command
line options. So this means it is possible to cover own ideas by using
the x2goclients hidden mode and key authentication.

I really understand that x2go can bee seen as nx replacement, but this
is not the projects "main focus".

If you have questions about how x2goclient can be controlled by command
line options, please try x2goclient --help.

Though we don't think we will accept such a patch at the moment, we've
recognized your idea as a feature request and will discuss it again by time.

Such a thing as requested (X2Go client UI that looks like NX client) can easily be implemented with python-x2go. You just need a little bit of Python knowledge and a bit of knowledge in GUI programming (python-qt, python-gtk, pyside, wxPython). All the hard stuff that relates to X2Go session handling that is its client API implementation is covered up by Python X2GO (the underlying python module of pyhoca-gui and pyhoca-cli).

If any one is brave enough to start such a new project (an X2Go client that looks and behaves like NX client), I am happy to give support with the python-x2go integration into your GUI project.

I am also thinking of approaching such a project myself, but currently there are too many other (paid) projects that need my focus.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy: