Am 29.06.2012 18:46, schrieb John A. Sullivan III:

And IIRC, there are different types of clipboards on Linux, as well.
See, for example, this link here:
http://mutelight.org/subtleties-of-the-x-clipboard

<snip>
Fascinating article.  I am a KDE and thus Klipper user.  I have noticed
that sometimes pasting works perfectly fine whereas other times, I must
activate the latest entry in Klipper.  I wonder if that has to do with
the difference between PRIMARY/CLIPBOARD/SECONDARY? I've noticed
particular problems with OpenOffice.  Thanks - John

Seems likely, though I haven't really experimented with it myself. I remember cursing wildly after closing the last Iceweasel window and finding myself unable to paste into Icedove or some other application back from when I was mainly using Linux as my desktop OS (2003-2009 were the Years of the Linux Desktop, it all started going downhill from there ;-)).

-Stefan