Hi Heinrich,

On Fr 21 Sep 2012 08:03:30 CEST glpk xypron wrote:

Package: x2goclient
Version: V.3.99.2.2 (Qt - 4.8.1)
Severity: wishlist

I would like to use x2goclient from behind a firewall without having to setup a tunnel with an external tool.

My ssh server is running on port 443. The http method CONNECT can be used to create the connection over the firewall.

Please, add proxy support to the x2goclient.

Best regards

Heinrich Schuchardt

You may want to test PyHoca-GUI. It has SSH tunneling support built-in. You can SSH through an SSH tunnel to a server behind a firewall. Only thing needed is a machine (on the gate) that allows SSH hopping.

I suspect, though, you mean something differen.

What external tool do you use for setting up your tunnel. Please specify on that. Do you go over a squid proxy? Including such a feature into x2goclient (esp. for the X2Go plugin) will be a wanted feature.

If you have, please provide you concept in detail and post it to

  3...@bugs.x2go.org

Thanks,
Mike

--