Hi Morty,

On Mi 13 Feb 2013 14:40:17 CET Moritz Struebe wrote:

Hey there,

it's GSOC proposla time [1]. IMO this is something we should think
about, but the decision should probably be made by the core devs (I'd be
willing to mentor, though). Currently the following comes to my mind:
* Migrate to pixman (this might be a bit too much)
* Fix Cairo (This must be joint with the cairo guys, as it involves
fixing stuff on out side as well as theirs)
* Fix GLX (I have no idea how much effort this ist)

Cheers
Morty

Agreed on all three!!! Morty, could you at Uni Erlangen handle this? I will be happy to give as much expertise (which is not much on X11 code) to participants and I guess so will Alex.

However, it would be great if you could do the proposal + around work (or find someone who will do it for you).

Can you do that?

Greets,
Mike

PS: I also think we should stay with NX coding and leave pulseaudio out for now.

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31