On 01/23/2013 04:09 AM, Stefan Baur wrote:
Am 23.01.2013 09:53, schrieb Stephane Mutz:

Issue: One of our CAD application displays unreadable text. When trying
to select another font, only one is available. xlsfonts also reports only a
few fonts. The application works fine locallyor when using a Linux X2go
client
and xlsfonts shows a long list of fonts.

How to solve: Install the 'font' directory from the VcXsrv mainline
package.
After that, the application shows readable text and provides a large
selection
of alternative fonts.

I think it would be good to bring the Windows and Linux client closer by
shipping
a more complete VcXsrv with it or at least offering the option.

This reminds me of an issue with NoMachine's NX Client.  I'm not sure if they
still do so, but they used to offer separate font packages for download on the
same page as their Windows client.  The note next to them said that you'd only
need them for really old X applications that require client-side fonts; all
modern applications would use server-side fonts and work fine without these
extra packages.

Out of curiosity, how old is your application?  Maybe there is a way to make
it work with server-side fonts?

-Stefan

Looks like they still do:

http://www.nomachine.com/download-client-windows.php

And so it looks like we need to do the same to support these old X programs.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       or...@nwra.com