Am 17.08.2013 21:23, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
I'd still vote for adding a check + warning to X2Go.
Even if this brain-dead setup that is rolled out by Linux Mint isn't
the default in other distros, someone might set "xhost +" somewhere,
sometime, and totally forget about it.
A reminder/warning "Hey, you're running X2Go on a host that hast
'xhost +' set, this is a really bad idea", followed by a short
explanation, would make sense, IMO.

Any patch is welcome (on the other hand). But do not introduce a daemon
that checks .Xauthority every five seconds ;-)...

/me now silently deletes his draft that contained "while true" and "sleep 5"

Seriously, you know coding isn't my strong side. So all I can do is suggest that someone adds this feature. My suggestion would be to check it either during installation/upgrade of the x2go server package, or each time a user connects. The latter would make more sense, IMHO, but I don't know what the performance penalty would be.

-Stefan