Thus, I'm telling both x2goclient and WinSCP to use the SSH agent, and everything works (for me).

Please ALSO note that PuTTYgen saves the private key files in its own special format (as indicated by the *.ppk extension). You might have to use one of the "Export" Options in PuTTYgen's "Conversions" menu so that x2goclient is able to process the key.

-Stefan

Am 27.08.2013 12:34, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
Package: x2goclient
Tags: confirmed
Version: 4.0.1.0
Severity: important
x-debbugs-cc: softw...@matthiaskauer.com

I myself have also observed the issue reported by Matthias. Adding this as a bug. This should get fixed before the release of 4.0.1.1.

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von softw...@matthiaskauer.com -----
     Datum: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 23:54:55 +0200
       Von: Matthias Kauer <softw...@matthiaskauer.com>
   Betreff: [X2Go-User] Login via ~/.ssh/authorized_keys fails
        An: x2go-u...@lists.berlios.de

Hi,
I am looking for input on how to set up an ssh key-based authentication.

I generated an RSA key pair with puttygen and added it to
~/.ssh/authorized_keys2 => confirmed that I can login with putty.
Now, I specify the same private key in x2goclient (windows). I enter my
password and I am then prompted for the password of the ssh key. I enter
it and the same ssh key password prompt reappears. This seems to be an
infinite loop. When I cancel it, I get a message saying that only
publickey is supported as login method (which corresponds to my
sshd_config settings).

I then tried renaming ~/.ssh/authorized_keys and using a DSA key pair.
putty still works as expected with both of these alternatives.
x2goclient still shows the same problems however. It only lets me login
if I adapt my sshd_config and authenticate via user / password combination.

Is this a known limitation?
What is the best way to achieve high security? Can I limit the x2go
connections to only LAN IPs (without restricting the pure ssh connections)?

Best Wishes,
Matthias Kauer