Hi Mike,

thanks for the response! The latency "problem" was good to know, thanks!

cheers
Mathias

On 09/30/2013 09:18 PM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
Hi Mathias,

Sorry, for this late reply. Your mail somehow slipped through.

On  Do 26 Sep 2013 17:00:58 CEST, Mathias Ewald wrote:

for a company I was tasked with comparing x2go vs xrdp. Unfortunately,
information regarding performance is scarce at best ... What I have is
that x2go provides a lot more config options like pack, * redirection
etc. but absolutely nothing reliable on performance. Do you have any
information for me? Did you conduct any tests?

No, we did not conduct any bench mark or alike. There are many personal experiences around, though. Latency is more an issue to X2GO than bandwidth.

Furthermore, xrdp encapsulates the VNC protocol, so it is an XVnc session that gets ,,converted'' to RDP. (which then gets converted to X11 on the client, in case it's an Linux machine). So, this looks quite awkward. X2Go uses a compressed and cached X11-like (NX) protocol.

You may find some information on the NoMachine website [1]. X2Go's graphic stuff is based on NX 3.5.

Greets,
Mike

[1] http://www.nomachine.com