Hi Kris,

On  Mo 27 Jan 2014 18:46:59 CET, Kris Ilowiecki wrote:

Hello,

I am quite new to X2Go, and really impressed by it. I'd like to switch from opennx to X2Go, but I can't find a way to limit clipboard sharing.

Opennx, as well as other NX forks, has the options to enable clipboard
sharing both ways, one-way, or disable it completely. So far I have failed to find a setting to limit this in X2Go.

I'd need clipboard sharing to work only in the client->server
direction, or at least to disable it completely.

I have searched for it for quite a while, but the best I have managed to find is a bug report
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=258
and a mailing list question without a single reply.

Is there some way to configure it?
If not, is it going to be hard to write a patch that would turn
this off at compilation time?
I've also been thinking of using some external programs to achieve the effect, e.g. putting X2Go inside Xephyr, or the other way round...

Any hints most welcome

Many thanks,
Kris

There should be two approaches...

 1) disable clipboard server-side for all users
 2) disable clipboard in X2Go Client / PyHoca-GUI on the client-side

The first is easy. Please look at /usr/bin/x2gostartagent of x2goserver package and make clipboard configurable via /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf. Send a patch to our BTS [1].

The second approach is for us devs, I guess...

The workaround provided by Mike#2 is a fine approach, but not a real solution to this problem.

Mike#1

[1] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM