Hi Brian,

On  Fr 02 Feb 2018 23:58:32 CET, brian mullan wrote:

I haven't used pyhoca-gui for a while but decided to try it again on both
my Ubuntu 17.10 and Ubuntu 18.04 systems.

Both of those are using Gnome.

I thought I remembered under Unity that Pyhoca-GUI would put its Icon in
the top systray.

But in 17.10 and 18.04 Gnome I don't see it any longer.

Is there a way to enable it in the systray for Gnome?

Brian

No, unfortunately, wxPython only supports xembed type systrays where as GNOME and Unity have removed xembed system notifications tray support entirely.

I will need to port the menu rendering part of pyhoca-gui to Ayatana Indicators, then this will work again. Not sure, when I will get to this.

Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de