package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

X2GoClient 4.1.1.1 introduced that the option "Whole Display" in the "Display" section of the Input/Output tab is hidden when only one screen is connected. IMO, this isn't ideal, because a user that only uses a second screen from time to time has no chance of finding out that they can limit an X2Go "fullscreen" session to a single screen (without showing window decorations on the X2Go window). This is why I suggest that instead of hiding, the option should be greyed out.

Also, the average user has no clue that there is a difference between a screen and a display (in X-terminology). Therefore, I suggest renaming the options, or at least adding some explanatory text:

"Fullscreen" should read "Fullscreen (span all screens)"

while

"Whole Display" should read "Whole Display (single-screen)"

or similar. I'm open to suggestions, as long as they help making things clearer to an average/newbie user.

Personally, I would prefer it if "Whole Display" was selectable even in single-screen mode (along with a display number that can be entered manually), but I can understand that this is more of an expert feature and would confuse most users.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)