Package: x2goserver

Version: 4.1.0.3

I am using X2Go to connect to a running KDE desktop over a gigabit LAN connection. Both the client machine (running x2goclient) and the server are running KDE Plasma 5.15. When the compositor is enabled, it causes flickering. It's most visible on windows with transparency effects like the taskbar and menu, however the window decorations of any window also flickers. I have uploaded a video of the problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8g1TXLndo  a rather unpleasant experience.

The server uses Intel graphics with an i7 8650u if it's a GPU/driver issue. The flickering does not happen on the server's display, only when viewed using x2go. The same thing happens in VNC, though it is significantly less frequent/annoying.

Ideally, x2go would support the compositor. Is it possible to just do full-screen polling? I can stream an x264 or vp9 video of the screen from the host and view the desktop that way but obviously that lacks input, although inefficient, it would solve any display issues if x2go could just stream a complete video from ffmpeg and then handle the input.

However, a workaround would be disabling the compositor on a connection. Is there currently any method that I can run a script on connect/disconnect or even just ask x2goserver how many clients are connected so I can stop the compositor when an x2go client connects and then re-enable it when there are no clients?