Am 26.05.20 um 10:12 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:

> now that Melroy and Dave want to spend time in improving x2go it came
> to mind that we are still lacking a long-requested feature: USB
> forwarding. So apart from implementing unit tests and doing code
> refactoring this is a great chance to make yourself immortal ;-)

I actually looked at the USB-over-IP project's documentation a while
ago, when a potential customer might have needed USB support.
It seems, however, that their approach is unidirectional, unless you're
using Linux on both ends.
In other words, with what they offer, it's possible to share USB devices
connected to a Linux box (i.e. remotely controlling a USB scanner, to
save the file directly on your client), but not connected to a Windows
or macOS box.  So it wouldn't work for passing through client-side USB
webcams to the host, for example.

If somebody proves me wrong here, I'd actually be happy about it. ;-)