Hi Alex,

I looked into cmdline option parsing of x2gokdrive today. Reason was that I have a server where I set "-clipboard client" via a cmdline option. The x2gokdrive executable failed on that, because -clipboard is not a known option.

What I found is that, other than in nxagent, in x2gokdrive the remote_init function is called via OsVendorInit, just when the session is about to start.

In nxagent, the nxagentOption Rec (remoteVars in x2gokdrive is the equivalent) gets initialized earlier in ddxProcessArgs, this is a bit earlier.

In X2Go, we have /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options. The file allows one to inject extra options into nxagent via server-side cmdline options. With Uli I recently discussed that the cmdline options should actually supercede the nx/nx options (so that X2Go-wise, site-admins can enforce certain agent features that cannot be overridden by X2Go Client client parameters). For nxagent, we are actually discussing a change in Args.c to make this possible.

So, for x2gokdrive, I wonder if we could establish such a feature, as well: let cmdline options (set in /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options) override nx/nx options coming from X2Go Client and for this we would need to support setting remoteVars via cmdline options in ddxProcessArgs.

For this, we would have to move the remoteVars init bit over into ddxProcessArgs (x2gokdriveinit.c, instead of x2gokdriveremote.c).

I tried this locally, but failed, because whenever I referenced remoteVars from x2gokdriveinit.c the x2gokdrive ran into a segmentation fault.

As you are much more familiar with the x2gokdrive code, is this something you could take a look at?

For now, I have added a commit that adds more stub and compat cmdline options to x2gokdrive, also -clipboard.

Thanks+Greets,
Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: mike.gabr...@das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de