Have installed x2go latest version on Ubuntu 14.04 basic server (runs as
a VM in XenServer).
Using Windows client to connect to the session, and it works fine.

However, I do not see the folders which are (apparently) meant to show
up allowing to access the desktop of the computer from which I start the
session. I guess this is what is meant by "desktop bindings", although
it's not at all clear in the documentation.
Tried to start from Windows 7 and also from XP, no luck either way.

I have now tried the 2 desktop environments for which a desktop binding
install exists, both of which allow me to start a session, but none of
them do any desktop binding: LXDE, MATE.

What could go wrong here?

Regards
Peter Schulz