Hi Graham,

Actually I had tried to do everything possible gathering information from
various websites to make that work. I was trying to open MATE or GNOME as
that's what I use on my windows. Then I tried KDE and boom!! it worked...

I still get this error "Failed to restore all the required visuals.
Can't resume the NX session on this display." whenever I try to open a MATE
or Gnome session.

I had initially thought that KDE is lightweight than MATE or Gnome. But, it
turns out that it is not lightweight, but has other features that makes it
performance better.

I am sorry but have no prior experience with GnuCash so cant comment on
that. But I shall research on that and let you know as soon as I get any
info on that..

Thanks,
Madura