I am not sure how to troubleshoot this.

I haven't used x2goclient for a couple weeks and it was working.

*note:  Recently I upgraded my Ubuntu 16.04 to the new 4.8 kernel (which
may or may not be related to this but thought I'd mention it).*

Today I've tried to start x2goclient several times and the process starts
but the x2goclient gui interface doesn't appear.

Any suggestions about what to look at to try to determine why it fails?

I tried pyhoca-gui also and it too fails with the following:

*$ pyhoca-gui*
*/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gevent/builtins.py:93: PyGIWarning:
Notify was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('Notify', '0.7') before import to ensure that the right
version gets loaded.*
*  result = _import(*args, **kwargs)*
*pyhoca-gui[8232] (PyHoca-GUI) WARN: the current release of PyHoca-GUI does
not support client configuration*

Again not sure what the above means

Brian