This is because you're using the "Local desktop" mode which  is, in fact, only
a VNC connection on top of your local opened session on your workstation.
This is not the best way  to use X2Go bcause :
* it works badly with multiple monitors
* it is slow and not very usable
* it needs that your local session is active and logged in

X2Go is a remote desktop on top of X server remoting.
This is NOT a tool that is used for remote access the way you can do with
TeamViewer or VNC (even though there is such mode with the "Local Desktop"
session).
The "normal" way of using X2Go is with remote session through X server.
But for that, you need a supported Desktop Environnement (DE) and currently
some "modern desktops" are not or badly such as Gnome3, Unity or KDE Plasma.

MATE, XFCE, LXDE and some others works well but this will NOT let you resume an
already opened local session, it will open a new session as if you were
switching between local users on a workstation.
You won't be able to resume your opened apps for example.

In fact, X2Go is basically suited for thin clients, yon don't even need to have
a graphical local desktop or a GPU on the server side since the desktop is
virtual.

Regards,
Walid Moghrabi

TRAVAUX.COM
BAT I - PARC CEZANNE 2 290 AVENUE GALILEE - CS 80403
13591 AIX EN PROVENCE CEDEX 3