I run a personal server with x2go and I've used it for years with no
problem. I can currently ssh fine, but x2go does not work.
I've tried removing .x2go from /tmp and /home/paul. I've recreated the user
database:
rm -f /var/lib/x2go/x2go_sessions
x2godbadmin --createdb

None of this has worked. Removing and reinstalling seem to work, but it's
now back to the same error.

I have turned up logging and everything seems to complete properly. When I
run the client with a --debug flag I get this, with the final 2 lines
repeating:
Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '22689'.
Session: Starting session at 'Mon Nov 20 14:35:24 2017'.
Info: Using abstract X11 socket in kernel namespace for accessing
DISPLAY=:1.
Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:37964'.
"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:10759> "Searching proxy window:
X2GO-paul-50-1511206522_
stDXFCE_dp24"
x2go-DEBUG-../src/onmainwindow.cpp:12465> "Searching window with title:
X2GO-paul-50-151120
6522_stDXFCE_dp24"

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards,