De: "Torsten Kupke" <tkans...@t-online.de>
À: x2go-user@lists.x2go.org
Envoyé: Mercredi 14 Mars 2018 18:24:37
Objet: [X2Go-User] Some questions about X2go

Hi all,
on my working PC there is running Ubuntu 16.04 with MATE Desktop (isn't the
same as Ubuntu MATE, right?) and a X2go Server with Desktop Sharing extension.
On my home PC with Windows 10 I have installed the X2go Client and inside it
configured a session connecting to the Ubuntu host according to
https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:usage:desktop-sharing . The connection is
successful, but there are some issues:

    1. The Ubuntu host's desktop is spread over two 4/3 screens. But The
Windows PC only has one screen with 1680x1050 Pixels. So the display from the
Ubuntu host is highly horizontally compressed, so that the texts are nearly
unreadable. OK, this behaviour is documented, but is there a way to get it more
readable?
    2. If I (to solve the above issue) switch to something other than full
screen mode in the session settings, the session crashes, when started. I have
to close and restart the X2go Client. And then with settings set back to full
screen mode the session runs again. Is there a way to avoid the crash without
full screen mode?
    3. In full screen mode I cannot see any mouse cursor. So hitting any user
elements inside or on the windows inside the display from the Ubuntu host is
very difficult, since they are reduced to half the width. Is there a way to see
a mouse cursor? Or is this due to the compressed display?
    4. Since mouse using is so difficult, I tried to close the windows from the
Ubuntu host by pressing <Alt><F4>. But then I get a question from X2go to close
the session. Is there a way to propagate key combinitions like <Alt><F4> to the
remote host?

Sincerely
tkansgar

---
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain proprietary
or legally privileged information. It is for the intended recipient only. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the author by replying to
it and then destroy it. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail or any attachment.
Thank you