* On 03/15/2018 01:16 AM, Nigra Truo wrote:
> [SOLVED]
>
> I figured out what the culprit is. This is an older system and the intent to
> purge was based on the assumption that some old config or other depricated
> element might be still hanging around. So doing this here:
>
> apt purge x2goserver x2goserver-common x2goserver-dbgsym x2goserver-extensions
> x2goserver-fmbindings x2goserver-printing x2goserver-pyhoca
> x2goserver-x2goagent
> x2goserver-xsession libx2go-log-perl libx2go-server-db-perl
> libx2go-server-perl
>
> Fixes it. It removes all traces of x2go from the server, only when you
> especially mention each and every one package and purge it does it work, for
> example the users are contained in the x2goserver-common package, if you just
> do
> a purge of x2goserver alone, that leaves most things still on the system.
> This gives you the possibility to wipe the slate clean and install it like it
> was a brand new linux install.

Oh, indeed, you should have purged both x2goserver and x2goserver-common...
maybe also the old db packages.

It looks like in your original message, apt-get only tried to purge these
packages:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  x2goserver* x2goserver-extensions* x2goserver-fmbindings* x2goserver-printing*
x2goserver-xsession*

So definitely not everything, for instance x2goserver-common is missing there.

Mihai