* On 03/09/2018 10:23 PM, h i wrote:
> I think I might have to roll-back to the previous x2goserver version. At
> least with our setup, we never had a flicker issue until this most recent
> update.

I know, it's a new issue that only manifests with the new nx-libs 3.5.99.x
release.

We currently do not know why it happens exactly, but it seems to only occur on
Windows 10 as the client platform (not Windows 7 for instance).

It looks like the window is constantly resizing to the same size - but we'll
have to figure out what generates so many resizing requests and why.

> Interesting. Yeah, I never had an issue with the sensitive area.
> Understandable that others might have an issue.

You likely never tried changing settings within a tile using the drop-down
mechanism provided there. Others did... and were frustrated with the constant
starting of sessions even though they just wanted to change settings prior to
actually firing them off.

> What is Saimaa release, and why are there two separate releases for x2go now?
>

> Is the saimaa release from here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~x2go/+archive/ubuntu/saimaa

Yes, that's an Ubuntu repository for Saimaa.

Saimaa is an ESR release based on the earlier version of X2Go Server 4.0.1.x and
legacy nx-libs 3.5.0.x versions. It won't get normal bug fixes, only at most
security updates and doesn't contain all X2Go packages.

It's supposed to provide a fallback to the old state that was working for users
so that they can switch to something they know is working if they experience
problems with the new release.

More information also here: https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/download:saimaa

It's not meant to be used indefinitely, though. As problems in the new release
are fixed, users should migrate back to the stable version again.

Mihai