* On 04/13/2018 11:30 PM, Roger Moye wrote:
> When we login to the server, the X2Go window appears as if the Linux desktop
> is
> about to appear and then the session is terminated.
>
> The only thing I see that is noteworthy in /var/log/messages on the server is:
>
> /usr/bin/x2goruncommand: dbus wrapper not available
>

> This error does NOT appear on servers where we are able to connect
> successfully.   However, those servers are running an older version of X2Go
> server.

This is because starting sessions wrapped in dbus-run-session is a new addition
in the latest X2Go Server versions only.

>  I have not been able to find any explanation for what this error means
> or how to avoid it.

This is not really an error. I mean, naturally it is, since you will miss
functionality (mostly concurrent sessions support for one user if the desktop
environment needs a special dbus instance for every session), but starting a
session should still work, provided there's not already a DE instance running
for the user that tries to start a session. Even then, some DEs are more or less
strict on the requirements for parallel sessions - XFCE for instance starts up
regardless, while MATE requires a private dbus instance.

Note that RH/EPEL/C7 does not feature the required binary in any package, so on
these platforms you'll always get the missing dbus wrapper notification.

> We have tried running different window managers like XFCE
> and GNOME and all produce the same result.

GNOME in RH/EPEL/C7 won't work. XFCE should.

You're actual problem is likely a different one, but I cannot tell what exactly.
You probably want to look into ~/.xsession-x2go-*-errors, maybe also enable the
debug loglevel in /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf (no need to restart anything, just
spawn a new session) and on the client-side install the debug version of X2Go
Client (x2goclient.debug.exe; it's contained in the installer, if you don't have
that installed yet, just re-run the installer and make sure to select this
option since by default it's not installed automatically) and get a client log
via x2goclient.debug.exe > x2goclient-debug.log 2>&1 in a Windows cmd.exe
instance (yes, redirection works like that even on Windows).

Mihai