* On 04/13/2018 01:54 PM, Bas van den Heuvel wrote:
> In the past, I edited /usr/bin/x2gostartagent and removed the "-nolisten
> tcp" part, and edited /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options to remove "-nolisten tcp"
>
> It's not working, even a simple xeyes docker fails to open display:
>
> vdheuvel@arthur:/data/home/vdheuvel$ docker run   --rm -it
> --net=host   -e DISPLAY  -v $HOME/.Xauthority:/root/.Xauthority
> fr3nd/xeyes
> No protocol specified
> Error: Can't open display: :50.0

Makes sense, since it sounds like the UNIX socket is not passed through to the
container.

I'm not sure why your TCP workaround worked in the past, though. The DISPLAY
syntax should be local-socket-specific (either UNIX socket or abstract UNIX
socket), without a fallback to TCP.

To use TCP connections, you'd have to specify DISPLAY=localhost:50.

The more curious thing here is that normally Xlib tries to connect via an
abstract UNIX socket, which theoretically should be also available in a
container - unless docker prohibits that, which would be plausible for security
reasons.

Mihai