On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 7:59 PM, Steve Bergman <sbergma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your reply, Uli. I appreciate it. But I already know that. The
> issue is that of my 120 or so remote Linux desktop clients, some get
> misconfigured. Some of these offices are 700+ miles away, and I don't set
> these clients up. On-site personel do. And they do a pretty good job. But I
> still find the occasional remote client set to LAN.
>
> The collective contents of the session.log files do allow me to generate
> reports. But it would be nice if I could just go back to forcing these to
> the right setting based upon server policy. Especially as I'm the only admin
> for everything, and this customer continues to expand its employee base.

Well, the connection speed is part of the options string in the
options file. You should be able to adapt the options string right
before the nxagent gets started. Have a look at the x2gostartagent
script, search for the lines where X2GO_HOST is set. You will see you
need to adapt X2GO_LINK accordingly. The client initiating the
connection is in X2GO_CLIENT.

For reconnect you need to adapt X2GO_LINK in x2goresume-session.

Please note that I have not tested this, but I am pretty sure that it
works like this.

Extending those scripts in a generic way is encouraged, e.g. you could
add a callback script for modifying the options string. Patches are
welcome!

Uli