David,

If you're using the official, python-based X2Go Broker and are seeing
this issue, it would point to a problem with your session database setup.
You need to set up all X2GoServers to share the same session database
(using postgres, rather than SQLite) - preferably on a dedicated
postgres server that has some kind of failover mechanism.
x2golistsessions --all-servers should show your session if your setup is
working properly.

Also, make sure all the X2GoServers share the same home directories.

Feel free to set up a demo cluster using our instructions here
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:howto:x2gobroker> and compare the
behavior/result.

And, of course, there is always the option to pay for commercial support
and have someone knowledgeable "look over your shoulder" via a shared
SSH session - you can find a list of support companies here:
<https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:professional-support>

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

Am 31.10.18 um 17:42 schrieb David Barron:
> First a little explanation of the architecture.
> The login server load balances sessions between 3 servers where the actual
> applications run.  That part is working fine.
> The problem is when I suspend a session instead of ending it.  My
> understanding was that if I chose the same session profile it would resume my
> application at the same point.  That's not what I'm seeing.
> First, when I run x2golistsessions it does not show my currently running
> session.  Then if I suspend the session I still don't see it listed.  I've
> checked it on all three of the servers.
> Then when I run the same session it is starting a new one rather than
> resuming.  Well, I guess it can't do anything else since my session isn't
> stored.
> Can I suspend a session in this kind of environment?  The documentation seems
> to say I can.  Is there something special I have to do in the client to get
> it working?
> Currently the only command line option I am using with the client is
> -broker-url=http://<hostmane>:8080/plain/inifile
> Should I use something else?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur