X2Go Client: v4.0.3.0
Client OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

I've been using X2Go to give me a windowed access method for my headless home server running Debian 8 Jessie for  couple of years. Unfortunately that means my memory is a bit hazy on the X2Go setup details :-}

The client PC and server are on the same local LAN with no intervening firewalls or other complexities. I'm using the XFCE desktop on the server.

I upgraded the server OS to Debian 9 Sid a couple of days ago, and unfortunately that seems to have broken X2Go. The X2Go docs say "If SSH login works, X2Go will work, as well", but that's not what is happening here. I can SSH to the server perfectly ok from my PC (using PuTTY), but If I try to access the server using the existing X2Go sessions I have set up (one for a fullscreen client session, one for a windowed one) I get the following error:

    Access denied. Authentication that can continue: publickey, password

These existing sessions use a stored id_dsa key file (that has not changed).

If i try to set up a new session, using the same id_dsa key, I get the same error when I try to use it.

This does look like an SSH error, but i'm not clear where I should be looking for the error.

Any hints much appreciated.