Am 01.03.19 um 21:55 schrieb Robert Dinse:

>      Was discussing how used to be able to watch videos on early x2go but
> not anymore.  It was said to be a firefox issue.  I found an interesting
> note in a vnc article but it might be applicable to x2go:

[snip]

>      Wonder if tweaking with this could benefit x2go response?

No.

That's because unlike VNC, NX does not capture the content of a remote
framebuffer (=the server side), but does the actual drawing *right on
the client*.  Which is why you need a client-side X Server.
So there is no server-side X server in use that we could apply this
change to.  And like the text says, if you try to do it on the client
side, you will actually slow it down even further, because you disable
2D acceleration.

For the upcoming X2Go-KDrive, it might help - but KDrive only works with
full desktops, so it's no replacement for NX.

So if you want a fast Web browser with X2Go, I can only repeat what I
wrote previously: Help us get Pale Moon 28 up to speed again, either by
volunteering time as a tester, or by paying someone to work on the code.

-Stefan

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur