Hello,

I think about building a X2go server for about 30 sessions at the same
time with XFCE, Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice. Not sure about which
hardware to use.

I would say this:
4GB for the system
4GB for shared binaries like Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice
1GB for a user what I would give 4GB on a fat client.
2GB for a power-user what I would give 8GB on a fat client.

When I count on 5 powerusers and 25 normal users I would say 35GB + 8GB
=43GB.

Not sure about the shared binaries, is this "per processor"?

I think about a server with 2 processors. I think one processor is
enough, but it's not expensive to find a used one with 2 processors and
much memory.

I think about running it virtualized with Qemu/KVM/libvirt what also
will take some memory. I think 48 GB is a correct RAM size.

Please correct me when I am wrong!

I guess it will be possible to run a server with 16GB with 30 sessions,
but it will be "not nice". What is your experience?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/