On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM Simon Beißer <simon.beis...@hetzner.com> wrote:

> > So then the browser's translation is the culprit.
>
> I'm not sure about it. The browser implements the standard as it is
> defined
> (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/KeyboardEvent/code) as
> you can see with the help of this website:
> https://w3c.github.io/uievents/tools/key-event-viewer.html
>
> > So when you do that what is the keyboard configuration in X (setxkbmap
> -query)?
>
> The local X runs with the following default settings
>
> rules:      evdev
> model:      pc105
> layout:     de
> variant:    nodeadkeys
>
> I have also tried these settings via x2go. Unfortunately, the key code
> is still interpreted as "NumpadEnter" and is therefore passed on to the
> KVM console.

As I wrote, let x2go do the keyboard stuff and so not set an own one.
Internally there's is some magic happening which converts some
keycodes in certain circumstances. Ensure that setxkbmap -query
outputs the same locally and in the session.

Please also check if there's any hint about keycode conversion in the
log of the session (~/.x2go/.../session.log), one of these messages
Info: Keycode conversion is on
Info: Keycode conversion is off
Info: Keycode conversion auto-determined as on
Info: Keycode conversion auto-determined as off

It should be off in your case.

> > Argh!! xfree86 is long gone and dead. I wouldn't place any bets on
> > that. Please configure automatic keyboard detection!
>
> Okay. But it seems still the default in "/etc/x2go/x2goagent.keyboard".

Reading that file has been dropped from nx in February of 2017
(3.5.99.17). If x2go still delivers that it is a bug!

Uli