On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 10:25:10 +0200
Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de> wrote:

> This is probably related to OpenGL. The program uses some OpenGL call
> of a never OpenGL version than NX supports. Normally the application
> should check the provided version but this is not the first time that
> check is not (properly) done.
>
> I suggest to try the x2go libglx workaround as described here:
> https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:glx-xlib-workaround

Ok, it ends up in an error, I can find out what it is of course, but for
the moment I'll use feh instead of geeqie. As it is not a showstopper,
I'll wait for the built-in solution. If you want to know what's wrong,
it this (I followed the Debian Buster guide and I used mesa-20.2.0-rc2):

[..]
Program python3 found: YES (/usr/bin/python3)

../meson.build:867:0: ERROR: <ExternalProgram 'python3' ->
['/usr/bin/python3']> is not a valid python or it is missing setuptools

> @Stefan: I think it is time to ship this lib and some wrapper script
> (as described on the wiki page) with x2go.

That would be a better solution :)

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/