From: Ulrich Sibiller <ul...@gmx.de>
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 11:03
To: Johannes Töger <johannes.to...@med.lu.se>
Cc: x2go-user@lists.x2go.org
Subject: Re: [X2Go-User] Have x2go use Windows 10 default ssh-agent

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:27 AM Johannes Töger <johannes.to...@med.lu.se>
wrote:
> Windows 10 comes with an “OpenSSH Authentication Agent” that manages
> SSH keys. Once added, the SSH keys are kept in the Windows 10
> Credential Storage and encrypted/decrypted with the user login.
> Documentation here:
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/openssh
> /openssh_keymanagement
>
> I was able to use this for ssh in WSL using this github repo:
> https://github.com/bahamas10/windows-bash-ssh-agent

Well, I am bit confused now. The upper solution is using a windows service
called ssh-agent which seems to be coupled to the Windows 10 Credential
Storage. However, the lower solution is running the ssh-agent inside and shell
session (bash.exe). Which looks to me like a standard ssh-agent that stores the
keys in memory. The only trick here is to prevent the agent from being killed
with the closing of the last bash.

So - for me - these are two distinct solutions to the same problem.
Please correct me if I got this wrong.

> Is it possible to have the Windows x2go client talk to the Windows 10
> ssh-agent? I was able to do it using Pageant, but that is less
> convenient/integrated IMO.

It all depends on how these ssh-agents are accessible. Normally an ssh-agent is
found using an environment variable called SSH_AUTH_SOCK.
If that variable is set accordingly by the above solutions x2goclient (or
rather the integrated libssh) should already be enabled to it today (you
already proved that by running pageant)

Uli