At one time, when, about a year ago, while installing x2go on ubuntu, I faced about the same problem. Nevertheless, in a week I was able to run x2go-server + pxe. Endless poking around in the configuration files gave me the idea to change the distribution kit. Imagine my surprise when, in 30-40 minutes, I installed and configured this bundle on Debian_10 without any problems and have already been using it with 20 clients for a whole year. I also did not find understanding and help in the x2go community.
My advice to you is to change your distribution to Debian.