The font paths are mostly hardcoded into nx-libs (NX agent, to be precise).
I am not sure if x2go is setting them explicitly but I doubt it. Have to
check.

Adding another font path to nx-libs is no big deal but I agree that x2go
could/should also do this.

So may I ask you to open a bug report at GitHub.com arcticaproject nx-libs?

Thanks,

Uli