Dear $ALL,

A lot of real-life events had to be cancelled in 2020-2022 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some became online or hybrid events.

In September 2022, LinuxDay.AT was the first to dare to return to a real-life event format.

Now, LinuxDays Chemnitz is following suit: Their event takes place on the weekend of March 11th/March 12, 2023, in their pre-pandemic location, the Campus Reichenhainer Street of the Technical University Chemnitz.

We have been able to secure a booth there, however, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are a bit shorter on booth staff than originally planned.

So if anyone is planning to attend anyways, or at least considering to attend, please reply to this message (off-list, see Reply-To header).

No promises, but we might be able to get you a free ticket in exchange for volunteering at our booth (this depends on the CLT folks' goodwill, as we're past the sign-up date). Also, we'll see if we can pick you up/drop you off somewhere along the route and see if we can get a room reserved for you as well. Again, no promises, as this is all very last minute and not going as expected, but we'll do our best.

Note: There is no official mask mandate at the venue, but wearing a mask is strongly recommended. Assuming pre-pandemic attendance rates, you can expect 3600 visitors passing the booths in 2 days (opening hours are 8am-6pm on Saturday and 9am-6pm on Sunday). That is A. LOT. Which means the infection risk is way higher than on, say, public transport during a morning commute.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur
X2Go's Event Planner & Lead Evangelist

PS: The main reason for our booth volunteer shortage is that we were promised a mask mandate, but it has been dropped since. I was supposed to be one of the volunteers, but due to having a vulnerable household member, I will be unable to attend, given the higher risk.

--
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur