I recently had the problem that starting Libreoffice Writer freezes the
x2go session window, also on reconnect, so the only thing which helps
to recover the session was to log in via ssh and kill LO. Found no
workaround yet, and on the list no one chimed in. But at least the
startup times are normal :P

I would suggest to strace -f LibreOffice, maybe you can find out which
system call or whatever takes so long.

Hanno