Well, the system has been designed to reduce network traffic wherever
possible. That's the reason it also works reasonably well on low bandwidth
networks like 64kbit (ISDN). I don't have any measurements but I think fast
Ethernet (100Mbit) is more than enough. You won't see improvements when
getting faster.

By sending SIGUSR and SiGUSR2 to the x2goagent you should get some internal
performance counters. I don't remember what they show but it might help you
getting an impression. Check nxagent's manpage for details.

Uli