Hi developers,

I don't know if somebody already found the time to test the reference
implementation provided by Kimbro and others. Great job.

I would ask to extend this implementation with an automatic registration
of the database implementation as many JDBC driver do. This is not really
necessary but simplifies the life of developers (users)...

    static {
        try {
            org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.registerDatabase( new DatabaseImpl() );
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

And the usage would be:

// automatically register database driver
Database database = (Database)
        (Class.forName( "org.xmldb.api.reference.DatabaseImpl" ).newInstance());
// get root collection
Collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection( url );