> Yes the Java API has database specific drivers with a DriverManager
> concrete class for bootstrap as part of the jar containing the XML:DB API
> interfaces.

Yeah - I noticed the DriverManager, but it's not in the specification...
should it be?

> How are you thinking that DOM and SAX will be handled? I see you put in
> stub definitions, how would an actual impl look?

Well - This is also a bit of an open area. In my implementation I'm
using the Xerces parser. The SAX ContentHandler has the same
name but the DOM Node is called DOM_Node. I don't think
there's any easy way around this problem. There's probably some
really clever template based thing that could specialize the interface
based on your particular choice of parser...

John