Hi all,

My SAR team uses Xastir for APRS operations. It works extremely well,
and we've been able to use it now on several real searches with
excellent results. We use Maptech/MyTopo Terrain Navigator for
printing 1:24k topo maps. It works well. The issue is that this
requires both linux and Windows, either through a dual-boot config or
a VM or a separate physical laptop. This is less than optimal.

We have all of the topo, aerial, trail, and street maps we need for
Xastir, but so far I haven't been able to find a way to print at 1:24k
scale. We don't need anything fancy, just UTM or USNG grid overlays
and a way to temporarily hide stations and tracks. It absolutely must
be to scale so that it'll work with our UTM grid readers though. Am I
missing some option, or is it not currently possible to print like
this?

I suppose the other option for us would be to ditch Terrain Navigator
and use qgis for printed maps on linux if Xastir won't do what we
need.

Thanks!

Kevin
KB9MQU
_______________________________________________
Xastir mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir

Reply via email to