Hello Dave,

The scenario here seems to be if you're running an intermediate release Xastir and not an official tagged release.

Dave, yes, I see you on APRS-IS : https://aprs.fi/info/a/KB3EFS and it shows you're running v2.15 (APX215) per the "Last Path" line:

   KB3EFS>*APX215* via TCPIP*,qAC,T2ONTARIO

The question here is if you're running a version of Xastir that's between v2.15 and v2.16, what should Xastir report as it's version to APRS-IS? It's not clear if it's illegal but maybe this would be legal:

   APX21G

--David
KI6ZHD