Nope.  Excellent guess though, and kind of a similar type of thing.
Position ambiguity is now a box with lines diagonal from corner to
corner, with the symbol placed in the center.  I see VA7ALB-9,
AC9H-12, and DL1HSI on my map with position ambiguity rectangles.

Ah.. yes.. very different.. cool.
These white rectangles are something that I added a while back
showing the precision of the posits.  You'll only see it from about
zoom 1 through zoom 16 I think.

Apologies.. I mistook the two.

For Base-91 packets it's very small and just barely viewable at zoom
1.  About 2'x3' I think?

For standard APRS packets or Mic-E packets, it'll be quite large,
something like 40' x 60' at my latitude.

There's no way to turn it off.  Most people don't zoom in that far
anyway.  Is it causing any problems?

Not for me... I was mistaking what the two of them were... both very useful features..

I hope I didn't add to the confustion :)

Regards
de John
EI7IG

--
John Ronan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, +353-51-302938
Telecommunications Software &  Systems Group,  http://www.tssg.org