On Oct 10, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Ray Wells wrote:

I run KISS only EPROM's in 4 MFJ1270B's on my Linux system. I found the KISS only EPROM offered two advantages over a Native Mode EPROM that contained KISS.

1. The TNC never comes out of KISS mode unexpectedly.
2. The KISS only EPROM solved many strange timing problems that the Native Mode EPROM exhibited when in KISS mode. Things like transmitting over incoming data, not transmitting data that the computer sent to the TNC, etc, all went away when the KISS only EPROM was used.

Ray vk2tv

Which version of the KISS-only firmware did you use? I have heard that the JKISS image which come with the G8BPQ node software has some advantage over the original. I have used both and never noticed any difference.

Bob, N7XY