Tom Robson, ve7did wrote:
When using compressed data with Xastir and Opentracker, what other APRS clients will NOT decode the data properly? UI-View appears to be one which will not decode Xastir.

I'm under the impression that UI-View should decode compressed APRS packets, though I've never used UI-View myself. I guess it's possible that the compressed packet support is not complete and/or error free in UI-View. For example findu decodes compressed positions just fine, but course/speed decoding seems to give wrong results.

You might want to take a look at Curt's APRS client comparison chart page as well: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/aprs_capabilities.html .

  Tapio