I have been brushing up on my C skills and so I was venturing into the source folder for Xastir. When I looked in the main.c I immediately started wondering. I see a number of options which can be configured by un-commenting some lines and recompiling. Is there a reason why these are not available as options via the Configure menu? I suppose some might be easier to code based on changing only at compile-time, but some might be useful to be altered on the fly.

Here is one example in which I have some interest:
// Yet another useful item:  Puts the mouse menu on button 1 instead
// of button3.  Useful for one-button devices like touchscreens.
//
//#define SWAP_MOUSE_BUTTONS

I had also once looked at modifying the WMSRadar.geo file to match what we are actually seeing (TRANSPARENT 0x000000) and commit it to the CVS repository, but I couldn't get it to work. Can that be done from the anonymous setup that I've been using, or do I have to register and get a username/password?

Thanks,

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn